Friday, March 20, 2009

road trip

Today I got in my little green ford focus and traveled north to Decatur, Texas. Went to spend the day with Lane and Jacob and Stephen. Even though I just got my car worked on this week I was still scared to venture to the country, all open road it was really a nice drive, windows partially down a little cool this a.m., ipod in ears, really don't know where i was going been there only twice. But I made it in around 45 mins. Had lots of fun with the boys. Played with Jake while Stephen cleaned house for Amy. He ate some stuff called sweet potatoes and corn. He loves his food. Then he wanted his daddy. He really is a big daddy's boy, don't know what he sees in him. Lane and I played every board game he owned. Went outside and we played baseball, with a tennis ball and racquetball(sp?) racket, with rocks for bases, can't get any more country than that. Stephen,Lane,& I put up the tent Amy got for them to sleep in tonight. Lane and I sat in there and talked for a few mins. Really enjoyed being out there with them. On the way home got a little emotional, remined me of the times when the boys were little and Sas would go out and play ball with the boys. or we would play games with them. Love them all bunches.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! Memories are a great thing to have, they last forever!

    ReplyDelete